The entire story of the manga is different from that of the anime with absent characters, too. Focusing more on the ballet side of things rather than the fairy tale elements that appeared in the anime, the manga brings with it a fresh look at the setting of Princess Tutu.
We could have listed all the differences between the manga and anime but there are so many that it would serve no point and result in telling the entire story. So here are the more important and noticeable changes in the manga:
- The manga is left open ended in terms of romance, with both Ahiru and Rue still competing for Mytho's love.
- Both Ahiru and Rue are given last names: Ahiru Arima and Rue Kuroha
- Characters absent: The Raven, Drosselmeyer, Uzura, Autor.
- Pike and Lilie's names are changed to Mai and Yuma, and their appearences are also changed.
- Edel takes on the most drastic change in the manga. She is human and the owner of a ballet shop. Her appearence is changed (she wears very revealing clothing), and in the second volume she is revealed to be a villain.
List of ChaptersEdit
- 1. First Reverence
- 2. Gentle Adagio
- 3. Lonely Grand Fouetté
- 4. Passing En Dehors
- 5. Courageous Cabriole
- Guest Room: Junichi Sato
- Guest Room: Nanae Katou
- Extra Comic